Brewing Coffee Manually Blog’s 2017 Christmas Coffee Gift Guide
Once once more it’s time to begin fascinated with the Christmas season and discovering that excellent (or at the very least acceptable) present for the espresso fanatic in your record. While I’ve been neglecting my weblog a bit as of late, I couldn’t let the season go with out producing a present information. Here is the Brewing Coffee Manually Blog’s 2017 Christmas Gift Guide:
Want extra concepts? Here are the present guides from earlier years:
Every 12 months, there are extra devices added to the craft espresso scene. Some are very intelligent, some are very helpful and a few disappear into the abundance of mediocre choices (cruft) after the hype settles. If you’re not sure about getting your recipient one other gadget to retailer and be taught it’s operation (some folks take pleasure in this and a few folks prefer to preserve it easy), an ideal bag of espresso and a cool mug must be the go-to present. Here are just a few of my favourite espresso mugs which can be out there this 12 months:
If you’re not sure about buying a mug, an ideal bag of craft espresso is at all times a considerate and nicely obtained present on it’s personal. Another various is to get them a present to a espresso subscription service. Angels’ Cup is my favourite for present giving functions.
- Perc Diner Mug-It’s teal and it’s a diner mug. Throw in a bag of Perc Coffee and you’ve got your self a present to jot down dwelling about (and possibly free transport).
- Stumptown WIllow Mug– Another diner mug (I’m form of keen on them). This one sports activities a chic (and restricted version) willow tree design.
- Bindle Dinosaur Mug– If you don’t know what a bindle is, it’s that handkerchief on a stick factor you see folks carrying who’re of the transient persuasion. Bindle gave one to a dinosaur and put in on a yellow, Not Netrual Lino mug. Pretty rad.
- Stone Creek “Crush It” Mug– Lime inexperienced inside, nostalgic huge wheel and an inspirational message- certainly there may be somebody in your record that wants this mug.
- Crema X Bean and Bailey Slip Cast Mug– This is essentially the most intriguing (for me) mug on the record. I had the chance to go to Crema final spring and every part concerning the place is wonderful. Crema additionally options some repurposed classic mugs which can be be value testing.
- Handlebar Mug– Another yellow Not Neutral Lino Mug (this one additionally is available in white or gray). This providing from Handlebar Coffee Roasters sports activities some drop bars and the inspiration message, “Get a grip.”
- McCool Clay Still Summer Mug– The solely mug that isn’t from a espresso roaster. The “Still Summer” mug is hand thrown ceramic with a tenting motif. It’s excellent for espresso exterior or the outside fanatic.
- River City Roasters Enamel Camping Mug (Mini)– I noticed this little tenting mug in individual on the River City Roaster location and I can’t consider I didn’t decide up one (or two). This is a superb child’s “coffee” present.
- Huckleberry Ceramic Camper Mug– If you just like the look of a enameled camp mug however favor consuming out of ceramic, this mug ought to fill you with a sure degree of pleasure.
- Honest Rosters Abe Mug– Printed on a typical white espresso mug, the “Abraham Lincoln smoking a pipe with a wreath around him” factor is fairly catchy. Sometimes it’s good to have a mug that’s seasonal.
As I used to be searching by way of all the varied espresso web sites taking a look at their mugs. I got here throughout just a few different noteworthy merchandise gadgets. If your recipient has an overflowing mug cabinet perhaps a t-shirt (or bandana) is a greater thought.
- La Columbe Dove Pocket T-shirt– A snug trying shirt that’s not overtly espresso. Throw in a Four-pack of draft lattes to spherical out the present.
- King State Coffee T-shirt– I’ve by no means had their espresso (I’ve been to Bandit Coffee, which serves it) however I like their emblem and elegance.
- Little Wolf Illustration Tee– Another cool T-shirt from a roaster I’m not accustomed to.
- Huckleberry Chemex Tee– The iconic Chemex with mountain scene inside it. Colorado in a t-shirt?
- Four Barrel “Know Your Brew” Bandana– While not every part on the Four Barrel merchandise web page jives with me, I actually like this bandana. It has cool illustrations and an Aeropress recipe/ instruction information on it.
It is not any secret that I like all of the espresso tools (each the brand new stuff and the previous standbys). Here is the gear I discovered most fascinating (and giftable) this 12 months:
- Hario VHS-60 Thermal Carafe– As far as I can inform, Prima Coffee is the one place you may decide up certainly one of these candy little carafes (and perhaps Hario Japan). I’m not an enormous fan of thermal carafes typically but when your recipient is searching for a small carafe to brew some nice espresso into this appears to be a reasonably strong choice.
- Prismo by Fellow Products– I pre-ordered this Aeropress accent a number of months in the past and am curious to place it by way of the paces. I feel this pairs properly with the Able journey cap (be sure they’ve an Aeropress earlier than you decorate it for them).
- Hario Woodneck Drip Pot– I lately revisited this brewer after a protracted hiatus and I’ve been having fun with it. For me, it is likely one of the most pleasing strategies for brewing and consuming espresso (though it does take a bit further effort, brew information right here).
- Kruve XL Pack– I’ve a Kruve sifter however I haven’t had the prospect to check out the XL pack. If your recipient has been utilizing and having fun with the Kruve Sifter, I feel the XL pack makes the sifter an much more fascinating proposition.
- OXO Pour Over Coffee Dripper-OXO despatched me certainly one of these drippers just a few months in the past and I need to say I discover it fascinating. Although it’s not the easiest way to brew a cup of espresso, I really feel prefer it lowers the barrier of entry significantly. It is an extremely easy option to get somebody to begin brewing espresso manually. It can be nice for making espresso whereas tenting.
- The American Press– This is one other brewer that was despatched to me for evaluation. It brews an ideal cup of espresso and has some benefits on the French Press. I’ve additionally introduced this brewer with me tenting and for some espresso exterior excursions and have discovered it to be sturdy and plenty of enjoyable.
- Knock Aergrind Hand Grinder– I had the chance to briefly take a look at this handmill on an opportunity meet up with Brian Williams (of Brian’s Coffee Spot Fame). I beloved this grinder. It has metal burrs for a quick (and high quality) grind and it even matches inside an Aeropress. It is a bit on the costly aspect for a present (and at present out of inventory on Prima Coffee) however if you’re searching for one thing espresso in that worth vary, it is not going to disappoint.
Merry Christmas! What is in your vacation present record? Share within the feedback beneath. Cheers!