The Homewara (Stain-Free) Black Clever Coffee Dripper Review
The Clever Coffee Dripper is a guide brewing machine that’s close to and expensive to my coronary heart. Its ease of use and low barrier of entry made guide brewing approachable to me. I’ve many fond reminiscences of brewing up my homeroasted espresso recent out of my Behmor 1600 and savoring the attention-grabbing and intense flavors.
Unfortunately, my Clever’s clear plastic physique slowly grew to become cloudy and low stained. One day, I couldn’t take it anymore and threw out my intelligent espresso good friend.
A yr or two later, I ended up buying a brand new Clever Coffee Dripper and writing a overview on the weblog. One of the one unfavourable issues I might say in regards to the Clever Coffee Dripper was that it might inevitably stain and “look a little scary”.
Andrew contacted me a couple of weeks in the past and let me know that he had provide you with an answer; he made a Clever Coffee Dripper out of black plastic. It was a easy change however probably a significant enchancment (embarrassment over a heavy stained Clever Coffee Dripper is an actual factor and nobody is speaking about it).
He graciously despatched one over to me for analysis. Here is my opinion on the Homewara Black Clever Coffee Dripper and the way it stacks up in opposition to the unique.
The Homewara Clever and the unique Clever are very related in form, measurement and performance. Both are manufactured from BPA-free plastic, have a transparent silicon gasket and stopper on the base, and each have raised traces on the inside to help with airflow. They each include a coaster and a lid.
The two brewers appear to brew the identical approach (identical drawdown time, your Clever recipes ought to carry over nicely).
If you have an interest in studying a overview and brew information for the unique Clever Coffee Dripper, I like to recommend you return to my May 2015 analysis of the brewer. My opinion on the brewer hasn’t modified.
The main distinction between the 2 is (in fact) that the Homewara is made out of black plastic. It shouldn’t have the identical issues with staining that the unique Clever has.
There are another minor variations between the 2 gadgets however I don’t consider these have a lot of an influence on how they brew. Here are some things I observed as being completely different:
- The Top Shape- The authentic Clever has a rounded octagon form on the high and the Homewara Clever is round. I’m unaware of the implications this can have on brewing however I’m guessing it’s a fairly minor change.
- The Filled Volume- The Homewara can maintain round 50mL extra liquid than the unique Clever. This is definitely fairly useful as a result of I really feel like I’m all the time filling my Clever to a precariously excessive stage.
- The Device Weight- The Homewara weighs about 20 % lower than the unique Clever. This doesn’t essentially imply something however I assumed I’d point out it. I did a couple of checks to see if this may change warmth retention however there was no noticeable distinction between the 2 brewers.
- The Packaging- My Homewara didn’t are available in a field however moderately in a transparent plastic bag. The authentic Clever comes with a field that features a recipe and care directions. This isn’t a giant deal to me in any respect.
- Manufacturing Country- The Homewara is made in China and the unique Clever is made in Taiwan.
One Thing Worth Mentioning
When my Homewara arrived and I used to be evaluating it subsequent to my authentic Clever, I observed that the draw down mechanism appeared lots smoother on the unique Clever. The Homewara nonetheless labored superb however simply appeared a bit off.
After some investigating and eradicating the underside piece of the brewer, I found a small piece of plastic protruding. I assumed that it was a bit mistakenly left from the manufacturing course of. I fastidiously snipped off the piece with a pair of nail trimmers and the mechanism labored simply as easy as the unique Clever.
This was a straightforward two minute repair and certain an remoted incident. Taking the underside off of my Clever is one thing I do periodically when cleansing it. If you run into an analogous problem, it’s a modification anybody can do.
Final Thoughts (End Clever Coffee Dripper Embarrassment)
The Clever Coffee Dripper is a good brewing machine. It is the right match for rookies however can brew a cup of espresso to rival different (extra fashionable) drippers. The staining problem has all the time been one thing that bothered me with the Clever. It is one motive why I’ve most popular to make use of a ceramic dripper.
If the plastic within the Clever Coffee Dripper is one thing that issues you, Bonavita makes a brewer, the Bonita Wide Base Porcelain Immersion Dripper, with an analogous idea that’s porcelain (which may also not stain).
From what I can inform, the Homewara Black Clever matches the unique Clever as a espresso brewer and has the added bonus of not staining. There are a couple of minor variations however between the 2, I believe I’d positively suggest the Homewara Black Clever Coffee dripper over the unique.
Have you ever suffered from Clever Coffee Dripper Embarrassment or is it simply me? Please depart feedback, questions and concern under. Thanks!